HISTROTY OF FAISALABAD CITY
Location: The district lies from 30-35 to 31-47’ C North latitude and 72-01 to 73 – 40o C east longitudes. It is bounded in the North by Gujranwala and Shiekupura Districts, in the East by Sheikhpura and Sahiwal districts, in the south by Sahiwal and Toba Tek Singh districts and in the West by Jhang district.
- Area and Population: Faisalabad district has an area of 5,856 sq km and a population of 65,00,000 souls. This district consists of eight towns.
- Climate: The climate of the district touches two extremes. The maximum temperature in summer reaches up to 50o C or 122o F. in winter, it may fall below the freezing point. The maximum and minimum temperature in winter 21o C and 6o C respectively.
- Background: Faisalabad District came into existence in 1904 as Lyallpur District The name Lyallpur was given with a view to pay tribute TO Sir James Lyall Lt. Governor of Punjab, for his services rendered in colonization. In 70’s the current name of Faisalabad was given after the name of The Late King “Faisal” of KSA.
The Mission of is Faisalabad chamber of small traders and small industry to maximize its members' success, the community's competitiveness and the area's economic prosperity.
- To promote and protect the economic interest of the country in general and of those engaged in SMEs Sectors in Faisalabad.
- To adjust controversies between the member of chamber
- To do all such other things as may be conductive to the extension of traders and industry